Thursday 24 May 2012

Round 5: Art

Soldiers and contour drawing
This was a difficult couple of weeks for me. Music and particular punk are very important to me, they pulled me into art and adulthood. Critical distance is important, but Katrina's poem was a challenge which I wanted to take on. Since Peter Saville designed the Unknown pleasures album cover and Jamie Reid made cut ups Punks means of communication I was never going to look at the world in the same way. Punk and its consequent waves of influence, and our early relationship are forever entwined.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I like this as a response, moves things on but with some political overtones (to my head at least), I'm thinking imperialism...other immediate thoughts are Joy Division - yes I got this straight off - but also AA Milne, and then there's contours, geography, that sort of thing. I'm going to wait until Tim brings this collage back from the studio to see it in the flesh, as it looks as if the textures could be important. Then I'll start freewriting and hopefully drafting something soon. I've got 2 weeks...
    Cheers, Katrina

    ReplyDelete